Personal Radio Services

Created Monday 26 December 2022

The FCC defines a number of different types of two-way radio services as "Personal Radio Services." There are four that are specifically focused on voice communications via handheld transceivers (HT's or "walkie-talkies") or mobile radios.

+Citizens Band (CB)
+Family Radio Service (FRS)
+General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS)
+Multi Use Radio Service (MURS)

Backlinks: Communications:Two-Way Radio Communications:Two-Way Radio:Using ham radios for other purposes