Created Tuesday 27 December 2022
Maintaining a financial supply will mean different things to different people. Some suggestions, from the most basic to the most extreme:
- Decide how much to keep on hand
- Divide that amount into several different storage places
- Put at least a $20 bill into your phone case
- Don't keep it all in large bills. Have enough small bills on hand to make exact change
- If you can afford to do so, set aside some portion of your assets in a savings account.
- This is not an investment; you are parking money here for easy access.
- Don't touch it unless you need it.
- Precious metals
- Some folks also recommend storing value in precious metals. Only do this if you are comfortable with it.